ISO 14001 – is the international document, including regulations on creation of environmental management system. The standard is adapted to any organization working in any industry.
This standard is based on two principles - continuous improvement and compliance to standard requirements. The standard is based on the key elements, necessary for effective system of environmental management. It is applicable both to a service sector, and to industry.
Implementation of standard at the enterprise leads to:
- minimization of adverse effect of the enterprise on environment;
- proper use of resources and, as a result, cost saving.
Certification to ISO 14001 first of all is necessary for the enterprises:
- aimed at outspread their products in the international markets;
- working with foreign partners;
- working with the state and municipal organizations and the enterprises;
- participating in tenders and auctions.
Certification to ISO 14001 gives to the enterprise a number of undeniable advantages, including economic factors:
- decrease in penalties from the environmental organizations;
- reduction of coefficient at calculation of payment for negative impact on environment;
- system implementation leads to saving resources and energy resources in particular;
- rising the level of assessed value of the fixed assets;
- inclusion the enterprise in number of those which produce ecologically clean production;
- possibility of international expansion.
Certification to ISO 14001 confirms that the enterprise works for rising the level of ecological safety, taking into account existing opportunities.
ISO 14001 certificate is issued for three years with obligatory annual audit by certification body.